Monday, July 7, 2008

The Survival of Maine, Chi and Shorthorn Jr Nationals!

So, as most of you know, Southern Jewlz made an appearance and had a booth at the Maine, Chi, and Shorthorn Junior Nationals the week of June 29-July 5 in Kansas City, MO this past week. So, here's a run down and summary of the events day to day!

Sunday - I drove to Kansas City from Parsons, Kansas. I was there from a wedding of my friends the day before....Ryan Page (on my judging team at A&M) and Jentry Stice. It was a lot of fun to hang out with some of the judging boys that I haven't seen in over a month. Anyways, my two REPZ, Jessica Carter and Amber Skinner rode up to Kansas City with Justin Yancey, his super cute little brother Tyler, and Darin Wiley and of course the cattle. So by the time we all got to the grounds on Sunday, we had to set up both the booth and cattle stalls in full force. Because everybody was tired and had a long week ahead, we just went to eat at Applebee's and my NBF Dana May came to pick me up and take me back to St. Jo as she drove down to help me with preparations for National Junior Angus Show (she basically runs the Jr board!) But on the way home, I managed to get us lost and when we FINALLY got home, I had left my keys with the girls and my car, so I had locked myself out of the house for the 2nd day in a row (the Saturday before I did so, but locked my keys and phone in the house.....really bad deal, I had to call 911 at a nearby restaraunt).....so Dana and I ended up staying the night at Shelia Stannards (one of my favorite staff members at AAA!) I stayed up that night until 3am making jewlz for the upcoming week.

Monday - I was hard at work at the Angus office. Justin Brosey, chairman of the Jr Board, also came in to help so we were very productive. After work, we all went down to Kansas City. After we shut down the SJ booth and tied the cattle out, Amber, Jess, Wiley and I went to the Golden Ox (one of my favs!) before our visit to Connies! The bar was a little slow that night, but it did not keep us from having a good time. However, because we had to work early, Brosey made sure we left by midnight! On the way home, Dana and I decided to drunk dial A LOT of friends...if you are one of those we are truly sorry, but you should feel honored....and we proceeded to sing Leona Lewis 'Keep Bleeding Love' on every voicemail, except we changed the words to Keep BREEDING Love! We truly are stock kids, haha! So after all the calls and the pee stop on the side of I-29 (yes, they made me laugh SO hard I couldn't hold it anymore), we finally made it home. Since this was the first time I drove up to my house in 3 days without being locked out, I felt I should call 911 and let them know I made him home safely...haha!

Tuesday - The boring day. We worked until 7pm at the Angus office, went to Olive Garden and quickly Dana and I went to sleep and skipped out on Kansas City that day.

Wednesday - I left work on time at 4:30 ready to head to Jr Nat'l for good! The only problem was a freaking monsoon or something hit. Lights were out at the barn, high winds, rain, hail and even flooding and it was insane! We finally tied out and left the barn about 11pm, but then had to hit up multiple drive throughs to actually find something to eat since power was out all over town.

Thursday - In the morning, we showed Princess as a Mainetainer and then worked the jewelry booth all day. This was the day that we proceeded to get wild and crazy at Connie's, but it was a good time. My dear friend Amy Draznin and her new boyfriend Nick Smit and his friend Micah joined us as well!

Friday - Now we showed Princess as a Chi and of course worked with jewelry all day. We had no big plans for the 4th, but I was sad because my friends were all leaving me the next morning, so Saturday, I had the booth by myself! However, business was still very good and I enjoyed getting to do it.

Needless to say, look for pictures and customer highlights from the week within the next couple of days. Also, Jess and Amber have now decided they want to come up to Des Moines for the National Junior Angus Show, so SJ is in the process of making this work. It's late and time for bed, so goodnight now! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about SJ being at the NJAS! I hope it works out! I miss you girls! :)